Monday, July 23, 2007

half-empty or half-full?

Jesus said: "This is eternal life that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent" (John 17:3). The heart of this eternal life and the heart of Experiencing God is for you to know God and to know Jesus Christ whom He has sent. Jesus did not mean that eternal life is "knowing about God." We come to know God as we experience Him in and around our lives.

This is the heart of faithbooking: experiencing God and recording those moments. Amazing things happen as we begin to notice Him at work in our daily lives. No matter where you are with your faith, I highly recommend reading Experiencing God by Henry T. Blackaby & Claude V. King. It is one of those books I read again and again and one that thrills me each time I do!

Not everyone is comfortable sharing these kinds of stories in their albums - some have no desire to even do so; my goal is to simply help you go deeper. In my six years as a consultant, journaling has been the number one struggle and complaint of my customers! Here are a few pointers:
  • Begin by looking at your photos a little differently - more of the heart and less of the eye. Share the experience using all of your senses; be sure to include emotions.
  • What does the photo remind you of? Why?
  • What went on "behind the scenes" that day? How does it compare to the photo moment you captured?
  • Keep a journal and practice writing each day.
The Lord adds a great deal of depth, meaning, and purpose to my life. I strive to bring that into my albums. What brings you meaning? What motivates you or gives you a sense of purpose? Do you see the glass as half-empty or half-full? What do you want for your life? What do you want your albums to reflect? These are all great questions to think about as you begin your faithbooking journey.

Jesus said, "I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).

post signature

No comments: