Thursday, July 12, 2007

the path before you.

Meeley


Renifred

These photos were from a well-timed, recent camping trip. I had been feeling a little dry, missing the deep richness that comes from knowing God. I was caught up in my life instead of riding on top of it.

It was so nice leaving the television, telephone, and yes - even the computer, behind. The weather was beautiful: breezy, sunny, and mosquito-free. Not once did I hear "I'm boooored." We stayed up late, took naps, played games, read books, and enjoyed time with each other.

I found myself noticing and appreciating the little things again.


The Lord makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.

Psalm 23:2-3


Journaling Ideas: Have you ever experienced a dry spell in your life? Perhaps you felt a little lost. What led up to it? How long were you there? How did you find your way out? What did you learn about yourself during that time? Journaling about difficult experiences can provide a new perspective on an old situation.

No comments: