Tuesday, August 7, 2007

*this* is faith in action

Amy commented to my post "purpose in ALL things" making reference to Rachel Hansen and her family. I know that many of you are familiar with her story, but not all. This is Rachel and here is a link to her Caringbridge website. She died in June after a long battle with cancer; you'll get a good idea of where they are at after reading Jodi's last few journal entries (click on "Read Journal History"). This is the kind of faith I want.

Another family who has deeply touched me with their amazing walk of faith, is the Ferlaak family. Here is a link to their story. Jody also has a blog and you can find that here.

Both families are living out their faith with a peace that surpasses understanding. This isn't skin-deep faith, nor is it about religion - it is about having a personal relationship with the Lord.

The Lord is my light and my salvation
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life -
of whom shall I be afraid?. . .
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high up a rock. . .
I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the Lord.

Psalm 27:1, 5, 13-14

No comments: