Thursday, September 27, 2007

Coincidence?

A recurring theme this week. Here's how the word is defined:

co·in·ci·dence [koh-in-si-duhns]
–noun
A striking occurrence of two or more events at one time apparently by mere chance. [The antonym (or opposite) of this word is "design, plan."]

Another word worth looking into:

ran·dom [ran-duhm]
–adjective
Proceeding, made, or occurring without definite aim, reason, or pattern. [Antonyms for this word are "guided, premeditated, directed, designed, planned."]

So when does something move from being chance to a purposeful design or plan?

We have all experienced "WOW!" moments at one time or another, most likely shrugging them off as coincidence. In my life, those moments (although exciting) seemed random and haphazard. It wasn't until I began writing them down that I noticed a pattern.

Talk about a WOW! moment. It all started with a prayer album. I was interested in dipping into the whole "faithbooking thing" after hearing much about it from Creative Memories co-founder Rhonda Anderson. I wasn't even sure where I was in my own faith but was quite versed in "Help me!" prayers. What began as an experiment turned into an explosion of faith! There were so many coincidences, so many detailed prayers answered. The Lord opened my eyes and taught me how to read the story of my life. He'd been there all along I simply hadn't noticed.

I love sharing these stories of God's hand in my life. They are sprinkled throughout my albums and journals: answered prayers, stories of healing and rescue - perfectly orchestrated moments so obviously planned and prepared. He is here, actively guiding and directing my life and yours. Get to know Him, I promise you will not be disappointed!

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

Journaling Ideas: Begin writing down those WOW! moments as they happen, big or small. If you're new to the Bible, try watching Joyce Meyer or Beth Moore and write down anything that leaps out at you. Pray before you read the Bible and ask God to give you understanding; write down anything that catches your eye. Pay close attention to people He brings to mind - it may be a friend, relative, or neighbor in need. Write it all down and in time, see how He connects the dots!

No comments: