Thursday, September 13, 2007

Wow.

I just posted my entry for today and then popped over for a quick visit to a couple of my favorite blogs. "Nitty Gritty" is one of them; you must read Jody's entry for Wednesday, September 12. The link for it is HERE but you can always find it on the left-hand side of the page under "Faithbooking Resources". Keep in mind I didn't see this entry until AFTER I posted my entry entitled "_______ was here." This is exactly what was on my heart when I wrote the post!

During a Reader's Digest interview, Billy Graham was asked "Why do we need to accept each day as a gift from God?" He answered:
The Bible says we ought always to be "Redeeming the time, because the days are evil" (Ephesians 5:16, KJV). The older I get the more I realize that life is short, and we need to treat each day as if it were our last -- for someday it will be. We also need to accept each day as a blessing from God's hand -- another opportunity to experience his presence and enjoy his good gifts, and another day to serve him. And if we have ignored him, each day is another opportunity he has given us to accept Christ's love and forgiveness before it is too late. The Bible says, "Now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:2, KJV).

We have a tendency to take so much for granted while we are living it but those same precious details mean the world to us when life is turned upside down. Enjoy them NOW, live them NOW, for each day is a gift.

No comments: