Wednesday, October 17, 2007

i like it fuzzy.

I've spent much of my life swimming in details - it's the way I'm wired, my personality type being an INFJ. My 9-year battle with an eating disorder was nothing more than an obsession with details. I would critically assess every inch of my body, never looking at the whole - only parts. My eyes seemed to zero in on and magnify every imperfection.

Though my wiring hasn't changed, thankfully I have. Though, occasionally, I still find myself absorbed in details - I don't get stuck. I no longer have the desire or drive for perfection; I am human and will never be perfect. My shortcomings keep me close to Christ; I'd like it to stay that way.

My family laughs as I get ready in the morning because the bathroom light is always OFF. I don't want to see every new wrinkle and gray hair! Natural light is just fine, I like how it makes things look a little fuzzy. It's funny how this seems to carry over into my photography!

By the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. 1 Corinthians 15:10

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm Tara, Jolene's "old" CMC consultant in Maui. She sent me your link- I love all of your pictures. Thanks for doing this and for motivating Jolene so much. We sure do miss her!
Aloha,
Tara

Tina Vega said...

Hi Tara - Wow, a post from Maui! I am so glad you're enjoying the blog. It has been so fun getting to know Jolene; she radiates joy no matter what is going on in her life. Thanks for posting!

Tina