Tuesday, October 9, 2007

lunch on the fly

O taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who trusts in Him. ~Psalm 34:8

A faithbooking lesson from the remains of lunch. Who would have thunk it? The phrase "trust in" comes from a Hebrew word that means "to take refuge in" or "to hide in" or "to hide with." It suggests a secret place of concealment.

When life rages around you (a friend has hurt your feelings, your child is sick, you miss a deadline), bring it to God in prayer. Instead of wallowing in fear, pain, or pity - take it to Him. The Lord will be your refuge.

Here are some great verses to pray over your situation:

  • Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life, O Lord. Psalm 138:7
  • You are my hiding place, Lord; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. Psalm 32:7
  • The Lord will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. Psalm 91:11

No comments: