Wednesday, November 28, 2007

ever find yourself asking...

"How in the world am I going to pull this together?"

This time of year is ALWAYS crazy busy for me with my annual Open House, craft fair, and winter retreat right on top of one another. Throw in the holiday season and you have the makings of a giant headache! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE EVERY BIT OF IT - but it takes a whole lot of leaning on God to pull it together.

Yesterday I was beginning to fret. In an effort to work through my task list, I had been skimping on my God time. Extra stress and less time with God - dangerous combination. I realized that I was focusing on my direction, not His, and it felt like I was digging myself into a hole. I decided to put down my task list and pick up my Bible.

He made things clear to me and today I feel much better. God will always give me the grace to do His will, to fulfill His plan. If I'm not spending enough time in God's word, asking for direction and a clear path - I get side-tracked. His way is light and easy, mine is messy. I know that so well yet continue to dig the holes!

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Psalm 32:8

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hopefully one of these times, I'll get to go to your crop weekend. I can't say I'm too sorry to miss this one since I'll be visiting The Mouse!!!! Hope you have a wonderful time scrappin'. :)

Tina Vega said...

Have fun with The Mouse!!!!!