Friday, December 14, 2007

gratitude.

noun
a feeling of thankfulness and appreciation
My friend Tilly (not the gal pictured here, but HERE) has her finger on the pulse of the scrapbooking world. Now, if she only had a blog... Anyway, she had a great idea for a "Gratitude Album" - creating a weekly page spread of things you are thankful for. I'm all over that!

A variation might be to create an album of gratitude for a particular person. I did something similar to this for my son's kindergarten teacher when she was diagnosed with cancer. Each 2-page spread would include a worksheet as well a photograph of the person filling it out. Items to include on the worksheet:

  1. My favorite memory of you...
  2. What I enjoy most about you...
  3. How you have impacted my life...
  4. I am grateful for you because...

She also told me about this fantastic photo processing website I will be checking out for myself. When you do a lot of custom cropping, it makes printing photos in standard sizes nearly impossible. This website has a wide variety of print sizes - just what I've been looking for! I've linked you right up to the print price sheet, which gives a listing of the available sizes as well.

Happy cropping!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This website looks very cool! Thanks Tina & Theresa! It looks like you could even print a 12x12 digital scrapbook page, but I don't know if I'm brave enough to try it! Let me know if you order anything from here & tell me how it is!

Tina Vega said...

I'll probably send an order in this week just to check it out. I'll keep you posted!

Too, Costco (though you do need a membership) has the 8x8 and 12x12 sizes. They have a great photo finish (mix between glossy and matte) and are very inexpensive.

Anonymous said...

Really? We used to have a Costco membership, tho I never used their photo processing. Have you ever printed out a 12x12 page there? The world of digital scrapbooking calls to me, but my heart still beats for CM :)

Anonymous said...

BTW, I'm grateful for you :) For your blog that cheers & inspires me, your photos that wow & inspire me, your faith which really inspires me & your willingness to share it all.

Tina Vega said...

I've only printed the 8x8 size - just photos, not digital pages. As much as I love the digital era, I'm very much a traditional scrapbooking girl at heart.

Thank you Amy for your sweet words of gratitude! I am so glad to hear you're enjoying the blog - what an encouragement to know...