Monday, December 31, 2007

the infamous beef jerky and other photos

I almost kicked myself on Christmas Eve for not taking pictures of Dad's beef jerky; we see it only once a year. When it's gone, that's it for a whole nother year!!

Thankfully, he'd reserved a stash for Grandma's house.

Though the hubby and sick boy stayed home, Meeley and I made the trip. I really wanted to see my grandma and really wanted some of Uncle Jim's toffee bars. The jerky was just a bonus.

This is my grandma. Isn't she beautiful? Aside from cropping the photo and removing a speck of dust, no enhancements were made. Amazing. I can't even post a picture of myself au naturale - it would be scary.

Here is my darling niece. When I mentioned her blog name ("M"), she asked that I instead call her "M&M." I like that much better, so M&M it is! We paged through a new book together and I treasured every second of it. Girls are so sweet.

Here's the rest of us, doing what we do best at Grandma's house: sitting, talking, and EATING. It's been this way for years and sadly something most of us take for granted.

I spent some time this holiday season putting together a series of albums for a family who'd lost a child to cancer. As I worked on the photos of their last Christmas together, I was overcome with emotion. Not only was it the last Christmas celebration with their child, but with another close family member as well.

These are precious moments, precious times. Realizing that life is short can help us make the most of what time we have NOW.

Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom. Psalm 90:12

No comments: