Friday, December 21, 2007

visions of coconut balls danced in her head...


These are my favorite treats of the season. Although I've gotten the recipe, I continue to count on Tilly to make them. This is actually my second round - she took pity on me and whipped up another batch.

And then there's my sister-in-law Amy - she makes the most amazing Santa cookies with her mom. Literal works of art. Oh, and then there's Uncle Jim's heath bars and Dad's beef jerky - treats I look forward to each year... more like, count on each year.

Journaling Ideas: What are your favorite holiday treats? Which are family traditions? Be sure to take pictures of them (as well and their "creators"). Be sure to put the photos, along with the recipes, in your album! Who knows? Someday your great-great-great granddaughter (or grandniece) might want to sample your favorite fare.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Oh darn, I was hoping no one would remember those Santa cookies since I didn't make any this year! (Disney and all...my mom made them, but she won't share unless I help!) I haven't done any baking nor have I sent out my cards yet-I think I'm letting this "simplify" message get out of hand! :)

Tina Vega said...

:-(

maybe you can snap a picture of hers and post it on your blog... at least then we can fondly recall them...

danahollis said...

Ohhhh... I'm going to need to whip up some of those! They look positively SCRUMPTIOUS!

Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

All I keep hearing about are these coconut balls. Do I have have some competition??? Recipe please....

Tina Vega said...

It turns out it was a "secret" family recipe that Teresa managed to get her hands on! You can find a similar recipe here:

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1615,147190-224192,00.html

Just cut and paste the link into your browser. If you have any trouble, let me know!