Monday, January 14, 2008

7 Random Facts

I want the journaling in my scrapbook albums to be more than a restatement of the obvious, to go beyond the "Who, What, Why, When and Where" of my older, redundant style. In addition to using these albums to make statement about my life, I want to celebrate the everyday things we typically take for granted. These albums are teaching tools for my children and a written record of God's amazing activity in my life. Faithbooking is all of this and more!

The lesson this month centered around seven random facts (just click on it to enlarge). The idea was to create a list of facts concerning chocolate, your favorite coffee shop, marriage, motherhood, yourself - anything that strikes your fancy! Page spreads like this one creatively capture your personality and perspective on paper, lending insight into the real "who" of you.

When writing the lesson, I came up with seven random facts for each decade of my life. After working on the list, I realized that no matter how much time I devoted - I would never be able to list every fact about myself. I don't even REMEMBER every fact! On the other hand, God knows and remembers it all - every thought, action, and deed.

The bottom line: I am precious to Him and never out of His sight! Isn't that an awesome thought?

Here are my seven random facts (drum roll, please...):

1. I begin each day with a cup of Pacific Chai Tea.
2. My sister Stacey and I are the same age for one month.
3. I own a pair of jeans that were signed by the members of Judas Priest as I wore them. (I didn't even know the band but received free tickets and a backstage pass; I had nothing for them to autograph until my hip & cool friend suggested I put a leg on the table). Watch out eBay!
4. I don't like the taste of fish.
5. I am a rule-follower after years of being a rule-breaker.
6. I once won a $50 scholarship for a pencil drawing I created in 6th grade.
7. My family nickname is "Crash" - a title earned shortly after receiving my driver's license.

I found this beautiful reflection on Psalm 139, the foundation for this particular lesson. May the truth of these words bless you today!

Father, you know me better than I could ever know myself.
You know in all truth what I have been, what I am, what I will become.
You know me when I am loving and when I am selfish.
You know when I succeed and when I fail.
You know everything about me
And yet, Father, you love me more than I will ever know.
You don’t hold it against me that I fail, or am discouraged.
You try also to show me that I should not hold it against myself,
Because by doing so I will fail to love more.
You are forgiving and loving.
It is beyond my understanding.
I read your word and am inspired,
But then immediately I feel its poverty in my own life.
But Father, if I do try to escape you, really where can I go?
Deep down I never want to escape you, but at times I try.
Help me to realize that at these times you will support me,
You will send the light needed,
You will send your consolation through another,
You will send your strength and courage.
God, my Father, know my thoughts.
Guide me to you.
You know what I desire
Even though I do not always move toward my goal.

~Author Unknown

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just came back from vacation, so I am trying to get caught up on my reading. I can't believe you remember the JP experience. Too fun. Oh, you only have six facts...not seven (unless I can't read, which is an option as well)

XOXOXO
Sharon

Tina Vega said...

Oh my! I've noticed several missed typos and errors tonight. Thanks for the heads-up Sharon, I added my missing 7th fact!!