Wednesday, February 20, 2008

chocolate only goes so far

I have not been spending enough time with God this week and the side effects are unmistakable... I've been crabby, discontent, short-tempered, impatient, and spittin' out complaints left and right. (And in an effort to self-soothe, I've been consuming lots and lots of chocolate.)

One of my many rants was about a recent haircut gone awry. Listening to my emotionally-charged reiteration of events, you would have surely sworn the stylist had cut off an ear. What God pressed on my heart today was that a negative, selfish attitude was far uglier than any haircut could ever possibly be.

Ouch.

It's not that I purposely veered away from my God time, I simply let other things cut into it. Instead of reserving that hour for Him alone, I found myself using it to catch up on tasks in an effort to jumpstart the day.

Big mistake.

So today, I am working to get back on track. In doing so, I came across this awesome stress-related article by Joyce Meyer and this extremely relevant devotion. I also found this great article about surviving a spiritual dry spell. Too, someone shared this free resource with me just the other day... click here to register for Bible Tutor, an interactive online study resource.

The children are calling... have a great evening!

post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find myself really looking forward to the Wed am bible study...I so need it right now. Sorry you've had a bummer of a week...you have to post pics of your new haircut so we can all tell you how great you look. :) I thought the family pic on the couch outside had you looking extra cute!
SIL Amy

Tina Vega said...

We saw a preview for the new study this morning and it talked about "finding strength you need when you feel weary on the journey" - it looks really good.

I have another hair appointment scheduled for next week... I'll be sure to post "before" and "after" shots. You'll have joy of seeing it in person on Monday!