Friday, February 29, 2008

okay, here's the scoop.

The furniture.

The hair.

I realize it may be difficult to distinguish the subtle differences but you'll just have to trust me on this. Though both are similar to the old style, the shape and feel is different.

Interestingly enough, this reminds me of my relationship with Christ. It is not what you see that defines my walk with God (going to church, reading the Bible, being fluent in Christianese) - really knowing Him comes through experience as He reveals Himself to me. This relationship is transforming; though I may look the same, the shape and feel of my heart is different.

Imagine if I were studying to become a brain surgeon. What if I were to learn every fact, read every book, and listen to every lecture concerning brain surgery but have no surgical experience... would you trust me to operate on you? Highly unlikely.

Experience without knowledge is blind and uninformed. Knowledge without experience is incomplete. The truth of the matter is - we need both! There is no substitute for either in your walk with the Lord.

post signature

No comments: