Thursday, February 28, 2008

they say it's my bou day...

And what a wonderful day it was! As we were getting ready to head out the door, my 7-year old presented me with a lovely "Happy Birthday" poster he'd created earlier this week (kept hidden in his room). The sweet and thoughtful deed brought tears to my eyes.

It was also our last day of the current Bible study - always a special event. We feasted on veggie pizza, brownies, chips & salsa, bacon-wrapped weinies, and other yummy treats while sharing stories from our time together. Mom had a special gift for me as well :-)

Then there was the surprise visit by my sister-in-law Amy and adorable nephew who were waiting for me after the study with the cutest gift ever - a secret for now...

Lunch with two other ladies followed. Jen introduced me to Leah last fall when I had the privilege of creating three albums in memory of her 2-year-old daughter Heather. We played (with Jen's kids), ate (yes, another feast), and spent the entire afternoon socializing.

Afterwards Tilly stopped by with a decadent sweet treat and the biggest Bou Card ever. Then there was Stacey's Bou Card. And the hubby's Bou Card. Wow, it really was a Bou Day!

Thank you all for the funny cards, warm email wishes, and telephone calls. It really took the sting (I almost said STINK!) out of turning forty.

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Tina (sorry I didn't get a chance to write yesterday - long story involving a broken car window!) So glad you like your gift from Amy :)

Crystal said...

Happy Belated Birthday Tina! I can't believe you are 40. You don't look it at all. Sounds like you had a great day and will have enough Caribou Coffee to last you through to spring!

Tina Vega said...

Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry I missed your B-day and our coffee date. It sounds like you had a great day, and I wish you nothing but great everydays.

Sharon