Thursday, April 17, 2008

coffee w/sharon

Perhaps I should rename this post - Lost in a Big City because I was, and it is... Sadly, I spent the better part of our coffee date lost. Once I found the place I was caught off guard by parking meters - HUNDREDS OF THEM. Knowing that many of the lots work on an honor system, I grabbed a handful of ones before leaving - but quarters????? I'd fed most of them to my children at The Malt Shop (they have a very cool gumball gemstone machine onsite). I lived in Minneapolis for six years, worked downtown for five years, and never once relied on quarters for parking.

Laundry perhaps, but not parking.

Admittedly, I've never really hung out in the Warehouse District either. That's what I get for hanging out with such a hip & cool friend. Thankfully, she's also a friend who carries extra quarters!

The place I barely made it to: Moose & Sadies.

post signature

No comments: