Friday, September 26, 2008

first I was going, then I wasn't, then I was again

The shot above is from my son's field trip to the MN Renaissance Festival. I'd signed up as a parent volunteer but received word last night that my help was not needed... only to find out this morning (ten minutes before the field trip) that the teacher had made a mistake and there was a ticket for me after all.

Did I mention I only had ten minutes to get ready? I hadn't even had a cup of coffee, let alone taken care of breakfast or makeup!

By the grace of God alone, I made it. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a blast. (The snapshot above is of my son; he used some of his birthday money to purchase a wax sculpture of his hand.)

On a completely unrelated note, is anyone else out there looking for a little scrapbooking inspiration? I've been struggling in that area (i.e. cropper's block). Ali Edwards is offering a great challenge for next week, a project that was featured in her book Life Artist. The first blog post on it is HERE and details about the project are HERE.

This totally strikes my fancy. Anyone else up for the challenge?

post signature

3 comments:

Mellissa said...

That is fun sounding! I am going to consider this one for the next week! Great find!

Crystal said...

I think I am going to give it a try. I thought your Project 365 was a great way to capture life. I thought maybe I would try it out...that lasted about a week. So, this project might be perfect for me! Thanks for the inspiration!

Tina Vega said...

Cool!! If you guys do go through with it, be sure to bring the completed project to the retreat! (Which, by the way, I'm a little late in getting registration information out on... it's coming!!!)