Saturday, November 29, 2008

salad or dessert?

We call it "Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad" but the recipe is entitled, "Raspberry Refrigerator Dessert" - either way, it is WONDERFUL!

Raspberry Pretzel Jello Salad

1-1/2 c. crushed pretzels
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
1 large carton Cool Whip
1 c. sugar
1 large pkg. raspberry Jello
2 (10 oz.) pkg. frozen raspberries
2 c. hot water

Mix crushed pretzels, 1/2 c. sugar, and butter. Pat into 9x13-inch pan. Bake 6 minutes at 375 degrees. Mix cream cheese, Cool Whip, and 1 c. sugar. Pour over first layer. Dissolve Jello in hot water. Add frozen raspberries. Allow to thicken slightly. Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate.

post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a new recipe at our house also, only we use pineapple. So yummy!!! And I'm going with dessert.... Sometimes I think I could just make the pretzels and eat them solo:)
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Grandma's original recipe claims to be a salad.....so I'm sticking with salad!!!

Mellissa said...

Oh that was a staple at our house when I was growing up! YUM! Thanks for the recipe! I will be adding that to my recipe box! And I like the comment by Lynn about making it with pineapple!

Hi, I'm Cindy said...

Tina, my sister makes this. I love it!