Monday, December 29, 2008

hanging out at the farm

Our final Christmas celebration took place over the weekend (thus, the visit with Deb). My cousin Alyssa had recently traveled to El Salvador as part of a college course and had the opportunity to share details with us at the family gathering.

This was particularly meaningful for my brother-in-law who grew up in there. Alyssa brought with her several special gifts from El Salvador, including an itty bitty soccer shirt for my nephew. Though I had trouble understanding much of what was said (they were speaking Spanish), it was fun to see the connection.

She recommended a few things to help our family better understand his culture and background. One was the movie, "Voces Inocentes" (Innocent Voices). You'll find the movie trailer below:


Powerful stuff. (Click HERE to purchase.) She and several classmates have also compiled a blog (now that's a language I can understand). Click HERE to learn more.

post signature

No comments: