Saturday, January 31, 2009

25 Random Things

I was tagged on Facebook several days ago by my cousin Nicole (which reminded me much of being tagged in the blogosphere). Not wanting to keep any of you non-FB ladies in the dark, I thought I'd post my list here as well. Here it goes:

1. Designer whaaaa? I wouldn't know a $30 pair of jeans from a $300 pair. The same goes for purses.
2. I devour books. I can read an entire book in one evening.
3. I used to blow dry my hair upside down... and leave it that way.
4. I secretly wish I were in a real Rock Band.
5. I am never bored. Ever.
6. I've never bought a lottery ticket.
7. I have sipping issues (coffee, tea, chai) and will often have multiple beverages scattered about the kitchen. (My husband teases me and I use the movie "Signs" in my defense.)
8. I have two children here and three in heaven.
9. I like order.
10. My sister Stacey and I are the same age right now and will be for another month.
11. We sponsor a little girl (Elina) in Tanzania and I hope someday to meet her. (My friend Karen has an AWESOME story about her family doing just that.)
12. Colleen's son calls me "Patina" and I love it.
13. I used to sell my plasma and have the scars to prove it.
14. I love pumpkin and believe in my heart of hearts it will be in heaven, along with coffee.
15. I love getting to know people. What I really like are the deep stories - real life stuff - as opposed to superficial small talk.
16. I can lose myself in a journal, behind a camera, and while blogging.
17. I am an introvert. As much as I love people, my favorite time is alone.
18. I've had surgery three times.
19. I love the pre-dawn quiet and set an alarm so I can enjoy it.
20. I avoided speech class LIKE THE PLAGUE in college. Now I speak every month in front of a group of women... with a MICROPHONE. Crazy.
21. I might be a teeny weeny bit competitive.
22. While we were building our home, I wrote scripture on the framing of each room - doorways, walls, and floors. I did it in pencil but wish I would have been bold enough to use a Sharpie.
23. PMS? Try twice a month.
24. I have a tendency to procrastinate and therefore need lists. Funny thing is, my youngest is the same way... we call it "getting side-tracked" - yeah, it happens a lot.
25. I still have an old boyfriend's class ring. If I could return it anonymously, I would.

How about taking a stab at it yourself? It's been a lot of fun reading everyone's lists - very insightful. It's funny how much you can learn even about yourself by taking a look at the little things.

post signature

No comments: