Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Project 365 Ideas (and more!)

I've been brainstorming for my next Project 365 and thought I'd check with all of you to see what other ideas might be floating around. (And yes, I did say my next Project 365. I've learned so much about my camera and lighting and different subjects that I want to continue to challenge myself.) This is a great time for gathering ideas because the topic is on a lot of bloggers' minds with the start of the new year. This is not strictly a year-to-year project, you can begin this daily project at ANY time.
As for ideas, here's what I've come up with so far:

1. Daily Routine;
2. The City Around Me;
3. Everyday Happenings;
4. Self-Portraits;
5. Family (could be specific to your family or just family images in general);
6. God Moments;
7. Strangers on the Fly;
8. Baby or Child 365 (take a daily photo of your child to track their growth over the course of a year);
9. Gratitude (take a photograph of something you are grateful for each day);
10. Meals (take a photograph and include recipes, receipts, and/or ingredients for one meal each day).

Be sure to check out Becky Higgins' blog for some great Project 365 ideas (click HERE). If a photo-a-day seems a bit daunting, you could also work any of the above ideas into a weekly photo challenge (i.e. Project 52). Here are a few ideas that might work well as a weekly project:

1. My Neighborhood;
2. My Job;
3. Bits of Love;
4. Weekends;
5. Friendship.

Again, I'd love to hear from you! Please share any ideas you might have for either a daily or weekly photo project by adding a comment to this post.

PS: I almost forgot to add the "and more!" part. Check out the Inauguration Lunch Menu (a.k.a. President Obama's first meal as president) by clicking HERE - recipes included.

post signature

4 comments:

Deanna said...

Interesting that I'd read this post today...I think I may do this.

Mellissa said...

Hmmm, I don't think I am up to a project 365, but starting next week I am starting a Project 52. One pic a week. It will be a family portrait/family theme. have fun! I can't wait to hear what you decide to do!

Anonymous said...

This is a cool idea! This has been such an interesting year, I wish I would've done this last year...I guess one never knows what the year will bring, so I think for now, I'll try at the "project 2 weeks" :)
Thanks for all the great idea's!!

Crystal said...

I love this family pic of you guys! I think I would try to take a picture of your family at least once a week. It could be incorporated into your Project 365. I think I might try the Project 52. I'm sure I have taken at least one picture a week so far this year.