Thursday, February 26, 2009

holed up with a sick boy

I woke this morning to find my hubby and our 11-year old sleeping in the living room. Meeley had a bucket and was in The Sick Spot. (It was the first time EVER I had not been woken for sickness. Apparently, the hubby had still been awake when Meeley first became ill.) I sent the hubby upstairs, made a cup of tea, and wrote in my journal by nightlight.

By 7:00 am, Meeley was holding the bucket close and making a lot of noise. I asked him if his tummy hurt and he said it did a lot. (Boy, is it tough seeing your child in pain.) I put my hand on his head and began to pray, asking God to take away his discomfort. (At this point, Meeley reached for my hand and held on tightly.) Among other things, I asked God to take away the pain completely so that Meeley might actually "enjoy" his sick day.

Seconds later, Meeley said he thought he was feeling better. A minute or so went by and he said, "I really feel good now. Almost immediately after the words left your mouth, my stomach stopped hurting."

And he has not gotten sick since! God is good. And what I really love are those moments when my children have an opportunity to see that His clear hand for themselves.

O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. Psalm 30:2

So aside from hanging out with Meeley, what else have I been up to? (Yes, I know I've been usually quiet; God has had a clamp on my mouth.) Well as I mentioned in the accidental hair-shaving post, my hubby spent a night in St. Cloud earlier this week. On his way home, he stopped and picked up an early birthday gift:

The hubby loves me, this I know. So not only am I holed up with a sick boy, I'm holed up with a 1+ box of fudge. (Actually, it's more like a half pound now.) It's not just fudge, mind you, but there are FLAVORS: Salted Nut Roll, Snickers, Chocolate Mint, Peanut Butter, and Vanilla With A Thick Layer of Caramel Inside (I can't think of the real name but Tilly affectionately refers to it as "Tiger Beat").

And as a couple of Facebook friends pointed out, I "forgot" to share. Oops. An oversight, of course.

Well, I'm thinking about venturing outside to the mailbox. (The snow is already coming down pretty hard, I may even have to grab a shovel.) I have a few more things to share but I'll need to save them for another time because the fudge snow is calling.

post signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I didn't know it was BIRTHDAY fudge! That's totally different - you are not obligated to share birthday fudge, the rules say!

Christine said...

Praise God! He is still healing today!

Mellissa said...

Amen! Praise God! I am holed up with a constipated little boy today...lotsa tears...you are right, nothing hurts like seeing your little one in pain!

Enjoy the early birthday fudge!