Wednesday, March 25, 2009

a few more shots from the day...

I gave the boys five minutes for find some sort of prop for our mini session on The Wall. They were very... creative. I'm hoping to make these mini sessions a regular part of our playdates. (I'd especially love to do this with our grown-up playdates as well.)

In addition to terrorizing playing with nerf guns, they shared some pretty hilarious stories, rocked out on real instruments and on Rock Band, wrestled, ran, and ate.

As far as the parenting stuff goes, how do you handle household rules with kids other than your own? Do you rule more with a heavy hand or do you tend to let things slide? Now that the boys are getting older, I'm beginning to notice changes and realize we will soon be dealing with bigger issues such as swearing, the telephone (a bit trickier to monitor with cell phones), computer limits (easy to monitor in your own home but not everyone handles things the same way), texting, and more. So what do you do when a visiting child breaks a house rule?

The family is waiting for me to join them (Movie Night). Gotta go!

post signature

2 comments:

Mellissa said...

hey, when you figure out all those answers, please let me know! I am sure i will be struggling with them sooner than I think! For now, though, it's all about dirty diapers and nursing on demand... ;-)

The Gruber Family said...

If I see a visiting friend break a rule I use it as a time to tell him/her about our rules and why I don't allow some things in our home. I have also said to neighborhood kids (who just drop over to play - not a pre-set play date) that if they can't follow the rules I would have to ask them to go home and that they can return when they can follow the rules.

On a different note.....

Have you read the faith based book "The Power of a Positive Woman" by Karol Ladd? I've just started it and I love it! I would totally recommend it! Check it out the next time you are in a book store!