Friday, May 29, 2009

my day was all that and a bag of chips

At least it started out that way. I met a couple of old friends at Nina's Cafe in St. Paul. You might recognize Ellen from our visit last May (has it really been THAT long?) - she and I had gotten reconnected in the Fall of 2007 after she stumbled upon the hubby's office in St. Paul. (We hadn't seen each other since Meeley was a baby!) The gal in the middle is my old friend and roommate Stacey; she is the reason I am a coffee addict drinker today. She introduced me to the social aspect of coffee - hanging out, venting, catching up, girl time, relaxing.

She and I also had The Best Apartment Ever.

When I left Nina's to pick up Ren from school, the sun was shining... birds were chirping... and I was driving my hubby's sweet ride. All was good. Until I was rear-ended, that is. (Did I mention I was in my hubby's car?) Plans for the day were curtailed. (Sorry for the delay again, Lori!)

Ren had an appointment with the ENT and surgery has been scheduled for next month. Looks like the tonsils and adenoids will be coming out. Our physician has repeatedly mentioned the painful recovery process. Repeatedly. I wasn't sure why until I read THIS. He obviously wants us to know exactly what we're in for.

Ick.

Looks like we have a beautiful day ahead... better hit the hay so I can wake up early to enjoy it. Have a great night.

post signature

5 comments:

Mellissa said...

oh, ouch for Ren's future! Let us know when time approches 4 surgery so we can cover him, you & surgeon in prayer.

Tina Vega said...

Thank you, Mellissa.

Crystal said...

Glad you weren't hurt in the accident. Poor Ren. Good thing he's tough!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
Sorry about the dent in Tony's car but Thank God, you were not hurt. A little shaken I am sure. Waiting to hear how your sisters surgery went?
Sharon

Tina Vega said...

Stacey's surgery went well. She's feeling very good today. My mom is greatly relieved - thought it was going to be a much bigger deal than it turned out to be. All is going smoothly.