Friday, July 31, 2009

major lens envy

Yes, that's what I'm suffering from tonight... major lens envy. Most of you know I'm obsessed with natural lighting, if there's a way to make it work for me I will find it. I have a low-lighting gig tomorrow night, a situation that begs for flash. And yes, I'll have it with... but I'll also be taking along THIS BEAUTY in the hopes of capturing some auditorium shots sans flash. Because I'm crazy like that. Here's my low-light tester shot:

The flags were really whipping so I ended up with a teeny bit of blur at the edge. Not bad for a nighttime shot.

My family and I went for a drive tonight and ended up at an RC airfield close to home before stopping for dinner at Old World Pizza (which by the way, is totally worth going out of your way for). Here are a few quick shots with the cool lens I've rented:

Did I happen to mention how much I love this lens?!

So anyway, I'll be photographing an auditorium event tomorrow. Stepping a bit outside of my usual thing. There will be girls and dresses and flowers and tears. Wait a second... that sounds just like my kinda thing! I'll be sure to keep you posted :-)

Too, I have a resurrection story to share. (For those of you who have been following my Tweets, Fishy is doing amazingly well.) And more pictures to post. And football gear to purchase. And groceries to pick up. And laundry to do. And... well, you get the picture.

Have a great evening.

PS: Be sure to check out Crystal's blog for some cool news!

post signature

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Thanks for spreading the word! Hopefully I don't trip on the treadmill! :)