Sunday, July 26, 2009

what every kid dreams of

Before meeting Pippy (Ren's BFF), the hubby and I thought we'd been gifted with the wittiest child ever. Spend any length of time with the boys and you'll quickly understand why they are such good friends. Here's the line of conversation that surrounded the gift-opening portion of the party. While Ren was opening gifts, the boys were oohing and aahing over all of the cool stuff. Regular kid conversation:

"Hey, cool gift card." (It looked like a puzzle.)

"We almost bought you that game."

The kids were talking excitedly about the gifts when Pippy said (in a low monotone that reminded me much of my own son), "My grandma always gives me clothes and savings bonds... just what every kid dreams of."

Hilarious!! The hubby and I were relieved to know Pippy hadn't suffered any permanent damage after being viciously attacked by a sugared-up partygoer's lightsaber.

After the slumber party sleepover on Friday (and the 6:00 am wake-up scream) and whooping it up with the neighbors last night (and waking at 6:30 am this morning to pack up my equipment), I am pooped. There wasn't a stitch of alcohol involved yet I feel like I was hit by a truck.

Go figure.

Today I'm on-call. And we're celebrating Mom's birthday. And Ren has football trials (his first year in tackle football... ouch). A busy day. I'd better go hit the coffee in preparation. Have a good one!

post signature

No comments: