Thursday, April 30, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 1:26 PM
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 11:10 PM
Monday, April 27, 2009
Now what do I do? I would like an assortment of vegetables - lettuce, peas, green beans, tomatoes, peppers, and carrots but am CLUELESS in the ways of gardening. In fact, I have an unusual knack for killing leafy things. Do you have any tips, favorite shopping places, website resources, or words of gardening wisdom to share? If so, I'd love to hear them! (Please, really... I am desperate.)
Posted by Tina Vega at 11:46 AM
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 9:15 PM
Friday, April 24, 2009
Someone will ring it again and yell, "I'm your son." To which I respond, "Buns? Sorry, I don't need any buns."
It musta been one rough bus ride.
Posted by Tina Vega at 8:21 AM
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I am a staunch advocate of consistent parenting, which is why I tend to lean most heavily on God's Word for advice. Circumstances change, our kids change but thankfully God never does.
Posted by Tina Vega at 1:08 PM
Monday, April 20, 2009
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Answer: Dinner in the van.
Posted by Tina Vega at 9:48 AM
Friday, April 17, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 3:57 PM
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
- Take a look at what others are doing. Visit Two Peas in a Bucket for some great inspiration and ideas: www.twopeasinabucket.com/.
- Go to the library and pour over scrapbooking magazines and idea books.
- Take a look around you and zero in on ONE THING, especially something you might have overlooked in the busy-ness of living. Create a page layout after first sketching out a few ideas on paper.
- Purchase one new embellishment or piece of paper and use it to create a page layout.
- Browse through your images and find a few that grab you. Create a page layout using those images.
- Shake up your surroundings by taking in some creative sites:
Uptown Art Fair www.uptownminneapolis.com/art-fair/
MN Landscape Arboretum www.arboretum.umn.edu/
Walker Art Center www.walkerart.org/index.wac
Lakeville Art Festival www.lakevilleartfestival.org/
Scrapbook Expo www.rubberstampandscrapbookexpo.com/
ScrapFest ’09 www.archiversonline.com/scrapfest08.html
- Keep a journal.
- Do you save notes and other memorabilia? Create a page that focuses on a recently saved nugget.
- Work on a small album project – a paper, PicFolio, or chipboard album can be a great place to start.
- Establish a consistent time and place to taste the grace of silence. Turn off all technology, grab a warm drink, and open up your Bible. Use the concordance to look up verses on guidance, encouragement, hope, or anything else that comes to mind. Write down the verses that speak most to you.
- Pray about everything.
- Attend church. Regular participation is just another way of staying plugged-in.
- Set the pace of simplicity:
* Are you keeping regular hours? Are you going to bed at a decent time and allowing yourself at least 7-8 hours of sleep?
* Are you eating balanced meals at least three times each day?
Are you allowing time for exercise?
* Have you been making the most of your family time? Do you engage your children or have a tendency to run away?
* Have you been building into your marriage by setting aside quality time with your husband?
* Are you carefully guarding your calendar? Do you have some margin built into your life?
* Have you been consistent? In parenting? In honoring commitments? If not, it might be time to reevaluate.
- Pick up a copy of Experiencing God by Henry Blackaby and Claude King.
- Visit these websites for inspiring messages:
Cross Point www.crosspoint.tv/media/
Beth Moore www.lifetoday.org/site/PageServer?pagename=bth_media
Joyce Meyer www.joycemeyer.org/ourministries/broadcast/
James MacDonald www.walkintheword.com/broadcast.aspx
- Keep a journal.
- Listen to AM 900 for inspirational teaching and FM 98.5 for inspirational music.
- Take a day to declutter: your closet, your basement, your kitchen cabinet. Check out this website for great tips and ideas: http://www.flylady.net/index.asp.
Posted by Tina Vega at 7:21 PM
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Posted by Tina Vega at 10:17 PM
Oh... and Grandma Pat went all out, even making all sorts of fancy cupcakes:
After the cupcake extravaganza, we made our way to Grandma Lita's place and had ourselves another Easter celebration:
Posted by Tina Vega at 2:33 PM
Monday, April 13, 2009
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?
Posted by Tina Vega at 10:52 PM