Monday, February 8, 2010

i've been a busy baker

bowls

Working on some special treats for the ladies attending the February Faithbooking Crop on Saturday. As I mentioned in my last post, I've had cookies on the brain.

inside

They might not look like much right now...

hearts

But I have grand plans for these little buggers.

cooling rack

Months ago I was inspired by THESE delightful treats. (I will be attempting my own next Christmas.) Not only have I had cookies on the brain, I've had mug-toting cookies on the brain. I'm not one for baking (let alone creating notched cookie templates) so imagine my delight in finding these sweet ready-to-go cutters:

bday gift

My early birthday present :) I'll be spending the next couple of days dressing them up a bit. And then I'll be back to share all of the colorful details with you!

post signature

5 comments:

Jan said...

They look adorable already! I attempted something similar with Christmas cut-out this year and it just didn't quite work out for me. :( It looks like yours are going to be darling! Have fun!

~Kathie~ said...

Very cute!! Can't wait to see them all finished!

Chris Mellang said...

Where did you find those cookie cutters? I would love to have a set of those in time for V-day this year! - Chris

Tina Vega said...

My lone box was through an eBay seller and includes a heart, star, sun & scallop. I found a like set here:

http://www.chefini.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Chefini&Product_Code=BIRVIP2&Category_Code=Birkmann

It has a shamrock instead of the scallop.

I also found these but didn't care for them as much:

http://www.chefini.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Chefini&Product_Code=BIRVIP1&Category_Code=Birkmann

Tina Vega said...

Oops, guess there's a flower instead of the star...