Friday, December 17, 2010

third time is the charm

new doo day

With so much going on the last couple months, I not only lost a dental appointment but had to [re]schedule my hair appointment three times! To top it all off, the appointment was threatened again today by a sick kid AND a snow plow that boxed me into a client's driveway.

Life has been about as crazy as my hair.

I'm sure you heard about the snow. And the cave-in at the Metrodome. And the relocated Vikings vs. Giants game... which happened to be our looooooong anticipated Vikings game (for the kids and me, it would have been our first time attending).

For those of you who know me, I don't subscribe to coincidence. And as it turns out, there were some very big things taking place that day that needed my husband's last-minute attention.

hospital

I can't believe that Christmas is right around the corner. Bittersweet given many of the circumstances surrounding us. Taking it all one day at a time; savoring the little things... such as my son's sweet music program tonight. (I swear, Pippy is destined for the stage.)

sweet ren

My son, on the other hand - not so enthused :(

Last but not least, the scrapbooking/crafty inspiration I've been promising to share:
  1. One of the gals had a 3-ring binder of Allison Davis sketches she'd printed up from THIS AWESOME WEBSITE.
  2. Becky Higgins' website - you'll find a TON of Christmas inspiration as well on her blog.
  3. Tim Holtz' blog - his recent tag creations are AMAZING.
  4. Heard from a few gals that THIS PLACE has *the best* prices on Cricut cartridges.
  5. Close to My Heart Flip Flaps. The video below shows how to use them to create an "interactive" page in your scrapbook.

I also received a lot of cool feedback on some other items that I'll be sharing AFTER Christmas (don't want to spoil a few of the gifts we've purchased).

Almost forgot about a bit of encouragement I picked up at bible study this week. We've been studying the book of Revelation and this passage on Heaven spoke volumes to me. Thought it might to some of you as well:

Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

Revelation 21:1-5 [emphasis mine]
Amen.

post signature

No comments: