Sunday, March 13, 2011

straight out of the camera [sunday]

SOOC Sundayjpg

It was nearly this time last year we spent the day at the Minnesota State Capitol. Must be something in the late-winter air because the same "lets-have-a-family-day-in-St.-Paul" urge came over me today.

But I wanted to find something slightly different.

We decided on the Minnesota History Center (a great online package sealed the deal). Here's my shot for the day:

minnesota history center sooc

BTW... I was caught completely off-guard by the exhibit, "The Value of One Life." Powerfully emotional stories of tragedy and hope - the BEST part of my day by far. I would strongly encourage you to read each story if you have the chance to visit the Minnesota History Center yourself.

I was moved again tonight by THIS POST and the pain surrounding so many in Japan. Praying for those who are hurting; reminded of the stories that touched me so deeply today - individuals who overcame catastrophic circumstances to find joy and success. Praying the same for victims in Japan.

Looking for a way to get involved? Just click on the links below for a few resources:
Be back tomorrow with that overdue weekly scrapbooking challenge...

post signature

No comments: