Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekly Challenge #9 - Stream of Consciousness

stream of consciousness

I paired up this belated weekly scrapbooking challenge with THIS former faithbooking lesson at the crop on Saturday. This page idea reminds me very much of Twitter. Or Facebook. The idea being to create a scrapbook page that features stream of consciousness writing/thinking.

Sooooooo, what's going on in your head? Kind of a scary thought. What's even scarier is NOT taking a moment to think about what you're thinking about. If you've never examined your self-talk, creating this scrapbooking page about it would be a wonderful exercise. (Examining my thoughts/self-talk was a life-changing experience for me AND the basis of my eating disorder treatment many years ago - that story is HERE.) You'll find a wonderful article on the topic by Les and Leslie Parrott HERE, in addition to this INCREDIBLE BOOK by Jennifer Rothschild HERE. Jennifer has also authored a bible study along the same lines (Me, Myself & Lies) which I have yet to check out.

Thinking about my thoughts is an on-going practice, a deliberate daily choice. Journaling is one of the tools I use to help me recognize faulty thinking (in addition to God's Word, which I'll share more about in a later post).

Okay, back to the scrapbooking page :) Unlike the rest in the weekly series, this page is fully digital. Not a hybrid, nor ever going to be a hybrid. I'll be back soon with Weekly Challenge #10!!!

post signature

No comments: